Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Historical Elizabethan make-up application

Finally we have tried to create a real Elizabethans makeup. We learned how to hide eyebrows in two different ways.Since my project partner is Antonella, we did a makeup on each other. Antonella got thick, black and long hair on her eyebrows, so it was quite difficult to glued her eyebrows hair to the skin. 
The first way we used the soap. We used angle brush and natural soap. We dipped the brush into the water with soap and lubricated the eyebrow against the hair growth and backwards from time to time tapping it with the finger. And then we cleaned the excess soap around the eyebrow with the cotton bud. I think this way is quite easy and it does not take a long time to do.
The second way we used the glue. We used simple (paper) glue and spatula (or something similar). We took a little bit of glue and quickly applied in to the eyebrow tapping it with the finger. For my models eyebrows glue worked better than soap, because it was easier to stick her long hair to the skin.

In these pictures bellow you can see the difference before and after eyebrows done and the facial application.
(The left eyebrow hidden with the soap technique and the right one with the glue technique)


After we finished eyebrows we applied the whole face, neck and ears with  Illamasqua white foundation and white powder on the top. And I managed to make it smooth. Afterwards I used ''KRYOLAN'' blusher palette (TO & YOUTH RED) and applied circles on the cheeks (because in XVI century it was a sign of the wellness and freshness). For the lips I used MAC red color lipmix and I mixed it with ultrafoundation (olive) to get the natural effect. I also used the white mascara, which I borrowed from Antonella.

And here you can see my final Elizabethans look. I did not get a lot of time to do my makeup properly, so it does not seem very symmetrically.The next time I think I can make it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment